At Roostify, we believe that home lending should be a fair, fast, and transparent experience. Roostify’s software is used by banks across the country to improve lending experiences every day.
We are seeking a talented Tier 2 / Tier 3 Technical Support Engineer to join our team. As a member of the Technical Support Engineering team, you will combine your technical expertise with a customer-friendly manner while resolving customer issues. A Roostify expert, you will provide hands on functional troubleshooting, feature explanation, and best practice guidance during critical and time sensitive situations. You will work closely with the Client Service team - our first line of defense in Roostify’s support channels - helping our customers overcome complex technical challenges. You’ll help define feature requests and capture bugs and follow up with clients on existing issues. You must be able to communicate issues to engineers on a technical level, yet still speak clearly and in an assuring voice to customers. And since you have a pulse on our customers, Roostify’s Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams will look to you to provide customer insights to help make Roostify the best product possible.
To be happy and successful at Roostify, you must be analytical, self-driven, and enjoy working in a fast-paced startup environment. You must be excited not just about adding features, extending capabilities, and delivering working and fully tested software, but also about helping to build a company. You must be someone who welcomes complex challenges, relishes the opportunity to identify the root cause of a problem, and is willing to do what it takes to get the job done as part of a team. You must be able to work effectively and flexibly in a dynamic business environment that includes remote and co-located teams and customers spread across time zones. Experience in the enterprise IT context is especially helpful.
- Provide Tier 2 and/ or Tier 3 support for Roostify products / platforms with focus on efforts to triage, analyze and resolve product / platform and data issues
- Manage highly visible and strategic support cases, and ensure 100% customer satisfaction by providing prompt and complete resolution to technical challenges and business issues
- Take ownership of customer issues through to resolution - including troubleshooting, external and internal communication, and providing meaningful feedback to the customer on a regular basis
- Liaise and work closely with internal Roostify teams on escalated technical issues and product roadmap changes / new features
- Participate in the Client Support on-call schedule
- Identify customer education gaps or challenges and develop and execute training to fill those gaps
- Be a friendly subject matter expert for all Roostify products and services, acting as a mentor for junior staff
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of solid experience providing technical support (Tier 2 or higher) is required; experience providing customer- facing support for web based products in enterprise-level environments is strongly preferred
- Ability to prioritize and escalate customer issues as needed, to multi-task and perform effectively under pressure, and to manage internal expectations around resolutions and timelines
- Advanced technical hands-on troubleshooting / root cause isolation skills
- Experience in deploying to and supporting web applications on AWS or Heroku infrastructure
- Experience supporting a SaaS platform and providing API support
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming and data structures
- Extensive experience with relational databases and ability to diagnose and resolve complex data issues
- Practical understanding of system architecture design for Service Oriented Architectures
- Must be proficient with analyzing log files and standard debugging concepts
- Familiarity with tools / practices of the trade such as case management, knowledgebase, issue management, and performance to a Service Level Agreement
- A natural investigator who can demonstrate analysis, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Detailed, organized and results oriented, with a demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally yet work independently as needed
- Dependable, motivated, self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to communicate business and technical ideas to varied audiences including customers, peer engineers, and senior leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to empathize with customers with varying levels of technical ability
Please list the job you're interested in as the subject line, and tell us why you want to join Roostify. Be sure to include a resume or similar document that can quickly outline your relevant experiences.