This Risk Analyst position is responsible for effectuating the internal control and risk management programs; performing risk assessments and identifying various compliance, enterprise, financial, and other organizational risks, reviewing affected processes and the controls related to such risks, review and monitor policies and procedures, assess controls for sufficiency and appropriateness, and make actionable recommendations to management and business units.
- Identify and analyze key compliance, enterprise, financial, legal, operational, reputational, third-party, technological, and other relevant organizational risks
- Measure and analyze risks for aggregate and residual risk exposure
- Identify and analyze key internal controls associated with all identified risks
- Measure and analyze internal controls for appropriateness, adequacy, and sufficiency
- Propose specific remediation recommendations to senior management
- Assist with internal and external audits; interface with auditors and external parties to satisfy company assessments
- Produce policies, procedures, and other related documentation to support risk management efforts
- Review and monitor ongoing risk mitigation and remediation efforts
- Independently analyze and interpret cross functional data using a variety of techniques, document findings, present data-driven and analytics-based recommendations to management.
- Compile reports, charts and tables based on established data query methods.
- Experience with various risk management and control frameworks including ISO, NIST, COSO, SOC, and other relevant frameworks
- Detail Oriented - Aware of nuanced differences in rules, standards, and other such requirements and the resulting impact on business or compliance processes.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading and Writing - Comprehends written communications and documentation; articulate and communicates effectively in writing.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition, business understanding and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Bachelor's Degree; Finance, Economics, or a similar discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the financial services industry supporting lending operations
- Minimum 5 years of experience with contractual, legal, and regulatory compliance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please list the job you're interested in as the subject line, and tell us why you want to join Roostify. Be sure to include a resume or similar document that can quickly outline your relevant experiences.