Last updated: March 6, 2017
Our Commitment to Privacy
The privacy and security of your personal information is important to us and we are committed to safeguarding it. By providing information to Roostify, Inc. (Roostify, we, or us) through our Website at www.roostify.com or through our Platform offered by your Lender (the licensed or registered loan originator with whom you are inquiring about or applying for credit), you agree and consent that we may collect, use, and disclose your personal information in accordance with this policy.
What type of information do we collect?
We may request and/or collect the following type of information:
- Your username and password for access to our products and services
- Information and documentation about your real estate and/or loan transaction
- Personally identifiable and contact information such as your name, social security number, date of birth, address, phone number, and email
- Personal financial information such as your income, assets, and employment history
- Names and contact information for other people involved with the transaction
- Information about your network, device, or system as it interacts with us such as your IP address, location, browser information, cookie information, and the pages you visit
- User feedback, forum discussions, messages, chats, and other interactions
What do we do with your information?
We do not sell or lease your personally identifiable information to third parties for marketing purposes.
We collect your information to facilitate and fulfill your requests, to provide you with your Lender’s services, and to provide and improve our services. We may share certain information with our affiliates and select non-affiliated third parties for these purposes. For example, we may use your information for the following:
- To allow your Lender to consider your inquiry or request your credit
- To help our customers improve their real estate and/or credit transaction experience
- To tell you about products, services, and reports available to you
- To help us operate our business and improve your experience with our services
- To analyze aggregated, non-personally identifiable information for internal use, case studies, and dissemination
How do we secure your information?
Safeguarding your personal information is a top priority. To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law and meet industry security standards. Your sensitive information, such as passwords and social security numbers, are always encrypted and transmitted securely.
While we take these steps to protect you and your information, it’s also important that you take steps to protect yourself. You can help protect your account by taking the following steps:
- Set a complex and unique password
- Change your password immediately if you suspect it was compromised
- Do not share your password or store it in an unsecure location
- Do not enter sensitive information into fields that haven’t explicitly asked for it
CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION
You may change or update the information you’ve provided by logging into your account. However, if your application or inquiry has already been submitted, you should also directly notify and contact your Lender.
COOKIES AND TRACKING
We do not process or respond to “do not track” signals or other similar web mechanisms. When you use our services, we may collect information about the webpage you visited before or after you visited our Website or Platform, however any such information we collect will not include personally identifiable information.
Links to Third Party Websites
CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY
Our Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. Please do not access or use this Website if you are under 13 years of age. By using this Website, you affirm that you are over the age of 13. For more information about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), visit the FTC website: http://www.ftc.gov/
How to Contact Us